By Samuel B. Richter, Prudential Douglas Elliman Real Estate
Custom window treatments are an easy, affordable addition to every home and they increase property attraction, extra value, and increased sales price for the seller of every residential or commercial property. In addition to protecting the premises from unwanted “peekers,” window treatments give the home or business a warmer feeling.
Custom window treatments include blinds (mini, vertical, horizontal, wood), honeycomb shades, shutters, upholstery, and top treatments. If you want to accent your shades and blinds, you may wish to consider swags and jobots (pronounced je-bows), matching bedspreads and valances. Valances are fabric placed at the top of the window, above a window treatment if present, adding height to the window. They provide an elegant finish to any room, with or without window treatments.
Which window treatments should you choose? That is a matter of personal choice. However, here are some helpful tips to help with your decision: Continue reading »
By Charlene Storozuk
Just as your eyes are the mirror to your soul, the “soul” of your house is mirrored by your windows. Make sure you don’t neglect them when preparing a property for sale.
In fact, Feng Shui principles view the windows as the eyes of a home.
Here are a few pre-listing tips for making the most of your windows:
1. Make sure that every window sparkles — both inside and out. Not only will it give a property that well-kept look, it will also let more light into each room which is very important for showings.
2. Replace any cracked window panes.
3. Repair and neatly paint weathered window frames.
4. Inspect all windows to ensure that they open. Make sure that all paint is removed from the panes. A razor blade, used with caution, will usually work well to scrape off unsightly paint.
5. All windows should have window treatments. A ”naked” window gives a room a cold, unwelcoming feel. Select a treatment that is suitable to Continue reading »