By Melissa Dittmann Tracey, REALTOR® Magazine
It’s pumpkin season and that means pumpkin everything — lattes, muffins, cookies, cakes, and, yes, even home décor. Home stagers are adding a little “pumpkin spice” to their decor, from the welcoming fall scent to pumpkin accents that inspire a cozy, autumn feel. Plus, orange can serve as a great staging color. The bold hue pops against a neutral backdrop.
Now, before you go all Trader Joe’s-pumpkin-explosion style, restrain yourself. Do not over-pumpkin your listing!
Try adding a few pumpkins to your listing’s front stoop and maybe a few orange accessories here and there. Consider even some pumpkin lattes and muffins to complete your autumn open house.
Houzz recently featured several ideas of how you can add pumpkin-orange inspiration to your décor, from orange velvet furnishings, towels, throws, and pillows to even an orange accent wall for those who want to commit on a bigger scale.
Here are some of our favorites autumn staging ideas to get you inspired to add some pumpkin flair to your listing.
1. Add some pumpkins to your front stoop.
2. Try some pumpkin accents along the dining room table.
3. Use some pumpkin flair to showcase the fireplace mantel.
4. Add some pumpkins to your flower pots.
5. Tuck mini pumpkins into your candle holders, and complement with orange accessories throughout the front porch.
7. Weave orange throughout a room in small doses to offset darker color schemes.
8. Use shades of pumpkin for accents.
This is a Pumpkin Cream accent wall (Pumpkin Cream 2168-20 by Benjamin Moore)