Homeowners Insurance Covers Halloween Mishaps

Although Americans plan to carve away at their Halloween budget this year — spending an average $75.03, about $5 less than last year, according to the National Retail Federation — overall, spending on Halloween has increased 54.7 percent since 2005. In 2013, Americans are estimated to spend $6.9 billion on décor, costumes, and candy.

With so much invested, it’s a good thing homeowners insurance covers common Halloween mishaps. Post to your blog the not-so-petrifying details in a free article, Homeowners Insurance Protects You from Halloween Horrors, from the REALTOR® Content Resource. It’s one of five free articles now available in the October “Halloween Home Horrors” article package.

You can also post to your blog (or your website, Facebook page, or Twitter feed; email; add to your e-newsletter; or brand, print, and hand-deliver) any of about 1,000 always-free home listing, selling, and ownership articles. Just search the REALTOR® Content Resource by keyword or topic for other content ranging from home improvement and maintenance to taxes and finance.

While you’re adding REALTOR® Content Resource materials to your marketing communications, be careful not to download photos or videos on the site. The REALTOR®Content Resource doesn’t have permission to allow others to use them, and owners of the images actively search online — and charge violators for — unauthorized uses. Learn more in the Reprint Rights Policy.

The REALTOR® Content Resource is brought to you by the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®. With it, you can download free homeownership content from HouseLogic to your marketing materials.


HouseLogic is comprehensive consumer website — from NAR — geared to helping homeowners make smart decisions to enhance, maintain, and protect the value of their home.

More Posts - Website - Twitter - Facebook

  1. Thanks for sharing this information. I have noted though that many insurers offer this type of coverage but most people are not aware. Its up to you to work with an independent home insurance agent to get more details on the mishaps that need to be covered during certain times of the year.